Cook with Ayden: Quick & Easy One Pot Chicken Rice Recipe
It is no secret my boys love chicken rice. It’s the first thing they look for whenever we dine out.
Today we’ll be sharing this quick and easy one pot chicken rice recipe that I’ve been cooking on lazy days.
It’s so easy even little Ayden can cook this himself on busy days.
All he does is just throw the ingredients into the pot and the rice will be ready in 15 minutes.
Ingredients (for our family of four):
1) 2 cups of rice (washed, rinsed and drained)
2) 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
3) 3 shallots (sliced)
4) 1 inch ginger (skin removed)
5) 4 chicken drumstick
6) Chicken stock granules (to taste)
7) Pandan leaf (knotted)
8) 1 tablespoon oil
1) Wash and rinse rice. Drain excess water.
2) Heat oil in pot.
3) Fry sliced garlic and shallots till fragrant.
4) Add rice and mix well.
5) Add chicken stock granules and keep frying till the rice is dry and well coated with oil.
6) Add water till the indicator number 2 on the pot as we used 2 cups of rice.
7) Add ginger.
8) Place chicken drumsticks on the rice.
9) Throw in the pandan leaf.
10) Set the cooker to RICE.
11) Once done, remove pandan leaf and ginger.
12) Serve chicken rice with cucumber and chili paste.
As usual, here is the video tutorial of our Little Chef Ayden cooking the quick and easy one pot chicken rice using his Philips All-in-One cooker:
Lil’ Chef Ayden @ 4Y11M
Click here for more videos of Little Chef Ayden’s cook tutorial videos.
21 Comments + Add Comment
Leave a comment
Join ME for updates & giveaways!
Home is where MY heart is.
I am a mother to two boys; Ethan and Ayden and a wife to Darling William. I'm a stay at home mum who blogs to break the monotony of life and to avoid feeling jaded. Would love to get to know all the Super Mommies and Daddies and Babies or Singles out there with the hope that we can learn more from each other. Most of all, I am a happy person, and I hope YOU are too.
Click here to learn more about me ^_^